Menu

La Aurora 100 Años | Keeping Your Man Card

La Aurora 100 Años | Keeping Your Man Card
http://www.keepingyourmancard.com/2013/05/04/la-aurora-100-anos/

La Aurora 100 años

Wrapper: Dominican Corojo

Binder: Dominican

Filler: Dominican

Sizes: Robusto, Churchill, Belicoso

In 2003 one of my favorite cigar companies, La Aurora, turned 100, and they celebrated by creating the La Aurora 100 Años.  Last year they decided to recreate this cigar again, and it was released at the IPCPR show.  The cigar is made entirely of Dominican tobaccos and available in the three sizes mentioned above.

The wrapper of this cigar is medium to dark in color and features a light oily sheen to it.  The wrapper of the La Aurora 100 Años also features some medium sized veins running through it.  The band of this cigar is one of my favorites!  Prominently featured on the front of the band is the La Aurora lion with Aurora printed above and 100 Años below.  The primary colors of this band are Red and Gold, it has a very classy look.  There is also a secondary band below with the number of the cigar.

Flavor wise get ready for some excitement in your mouth!  Immediately I was greeted with cedar and wood notes as well as a mild pepper flavoring.  This tobacco also gives off a somewhat sweet taste to it.

Burn wise this cigar was perfect!  The draw was open and effortless.  This cigar was constructed so well, the ash only fell when I ashed it.

Buy it again, you bet.  The La Aurora 100 Años is priced a bit higher than my everyday smokes, but it is an excellent cigar for the money, and worth every penny.   Actually, I am wondering if I need to make a trip to see my buddy Scott to pick some more up tomorrow!

I had the pleasure of visiting the La Aurora factory last April (2012) with then manager of Uptowns Smoke Shop, Scott Partridge along with a small group of friends.  What I can say is that your mind will be blown if you ever get the opportunity to go on one of these in depth factory tours.  I have been a certified cigar nerd for a very long time, but my whole opinion of the cigar industry changed after visiting La Aurora.    Seeing first hand the time and care that is put into the making of every cigar was astounding.  I met some amazing people there and forged friendships that will last a lifetime.

Share this:

(via Instapaper)

No hay comentarios.:

Vistas a la página totales